I love lasagna, but I must admit, with little ones, it can be a bit messy. I figured out a way to make lasagna that wasn’t quite as messy. Introducing, yummy lasagna roll ups!
You will need:
Serves 6 people
- 1 lb ground hamburger
- 2 6 oz cans tomato paste
- 1 pkg thick and zesty spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 can water
- 1 container Daisy cottage cheese
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles (NOT oven ready)
- Brown 1 lb of hamburger in a skillet. While hamburger is cooking, put on a pot of water to boil. Once water is boiling, add lasagna noodles to water and reduce heat. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add both cans of tomato paste, spaghetti sauce mix, and can of water to hamburger. Stir together until spaghetti sauce mix has dissolved.
- Lay out a piece of foil and place noodles on top. Add a layer of cottage cheese to each noodle. Spread across noodle until mostly covered.
- Add meat mixture to each noodle. Spread evenly. Be sure to leave enough to place on top of each roll before placing in the oven
- Add mozzarella cheese to each noodle.
- Roll each noodle and place in a cake pan.
- Once all 12 noodles have been rolled, place remaining meat mixture on top of each roll. Top it off with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I like to add Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layer biscuits to the meal. You can also add parsley flakes to the cottage cheese before spreading on the noodles to add a bit more flavor. Feel free to play around with it to make it your own!